Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Busy Week and Another Pioneer Woman Recipe

Last week was a busy week!  Besides Wednesday being the last day of school for everyone, we also had the girls rehearsals for their recital stuck in there amidst the usual chaos of the last week of school.  Friday and Saturday were the recital performances.  I look forward every year to the dance recital.  I know most people would look at it as some kind of ancient torture ritual, but our dance studio does such a good job of organizing it, it really is enjoyable...really.  Or maybe it is just because I live vicariously through my girls when I watch them dance, (I always wanted to be a ballerina).  Then puberty hit....ain't gonna happen folks.  It was extra special this year because our good friends little girl was also in the recital, 4 year olds dancing, sooo cute, I always love watching the littles. 

Anyway, my mom and my aunt and my cousins wife came to see the recital.  I had them over to the house after for some dinner.  In planning my menu I knew I needed something easy, because I wasn't going to be there to fix it.  So I fell back on my favorite kitchen appliance, my crock pot, and one of my favorite recipes, from one of my favorite people, The Pioneer Woman.  

The recipe, Spicy Pulled Pork, is so flexible.  I used it for sandwiches, you can add BBQ sauce, or not, and it is delish in tacos.  One note:  she cooks hers in an oven for a long time low and slow, I put mine in my crock pot and cook it all night the day before I am going to serve it, then shred it, put it back in the juices until I serve it.  You must make this, today, right now. The link is below, as well as a pic of my girls ready for their recital.  
Thanks for stopping by!

Marcy


http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/08/spicy-shredded-pork/


No comments:

Post a Comment