Monday, June 3, 2013

Hi!  I am Marcy, and this is my first attempt at blogging.  I got hooked on reading other blogs  a little over a year ago,through Pinterest.  I  was looking up Spring decorating, came across a beautiful pin of an Easter Mantle, which then linked me to the blog http://www.adventuresindecorating1.blogspot.com/.  If you have never visited this blog, I highly encourage it, if you like decorating, you will love her, Becca's, blog, such awesome eye candy!!  Anyhoo, after perusing this blog, I saw her list of blogs she enjoyed, and started looking at those as well.  I was hooked, and realized very quickly that I could waste an entire afternoon looking and discovering new blogs!  (Could I say "blogs" one more time in this paragraph?)   

I have decided to start blogging to share some of my favorite things: cooking, decorating-especially DIY, entertaining and all things relating to the "home".  
I picked the title "Girl From a Small Town", because, well, I am.  I grew up in a small town in Illinois with a whopping population of 2200.  I wouldn't have changed it for anything.  Now I live in the Chicago suburbs with my husband of 20 1/2 years, and 3 children, and one puppy.  My husband is a pastor, and in 2010 we started a new church plant that actually meets in a bar, more on that later:)  My parents still live in that small town, and we enjoy going there to visit when we can.  It is far more peaceful, and the kids have more freedom than I allow where we live now.  
A lot of the things I enjoy I learned growing up in that small town.  I hope you will be inspired by something you see or read,  Thanks for stopping by!
Marcy

2 comments: